costoried

A geek view of table top pen and paper gaming and how it could be changing.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

thread on bass playing

If you liked the "Places to Go, People to Be" article on Bass Playing check out this thread. I have to deeply agree with his observations. I don't think I could go back to a non-player driven story or ref in a system that didn't allow me to tweak in what works for me.

That's the joy of looking into systems like Burning Wheel and Dogs in the Vineyard. You start realizing that staying with your old mechanics are all about staying with what is familiar and satisfying the "gamist" urge, but not because it's the best system. I no longer feel like I have to defend GURPS. I play it because it's what I know and it's what my players know. They are open to experimenting with new mechanics as long as it doesn't get in the way of actual game play.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home